Home Seller FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions When Selling a Home
You’re on the right page if you’re looking for answers to frequently asked questions about selling your home to We Buy Ugly Houses Phoenix. We’ve answered our most frequently asked questions on this page so you’ll have in depth information about selling a home to us for cash.
We Buy Ugly Houses Phoenix is more than happy to answer your other questions anytime if you don’t find the information you need here on our frequently asked questions page. Just give us a call at 1-800-44-BUYER to speak with an expert home buyers about We Buy Ugly Houses Phoenix, our home buying process, or to learn how a fair, no-obligation cash offer from us can dramatically change your situation for the better.
Frequently Asked Questions About Selling Your Home
- Who is ‘We Buy Ugly Houses®‘?
- Who typically sells houses to We Buy Ugly Houses®?
- What exactly is an “ugly” house?
- How does the house buying process work?
- Will I have to pay a fee for you to visit and make an offer on my house?
- Am I obligated to you in any way if I call or submit your website contact form with information about my house?
- How much will you pay for my house?
- How do you determine the exact price you’ll pay for my house?
- Do you buy townhouses and condos as well?
- Do you buy mobile homes?
- Are other companies advertising they buy “ugly houses” associated with you?
- Can you answer more of my We Buy Ugly Houses® Questions?
Q. Who is ‘We Buy Ugly Houses®‘?
A. We Buy Ugly Houses®, also known as HomeVestors® of America, is a franchise corporation based in Dallas, TX. On Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Franchise 500” list for eight years running, we’re the country’s largest real estate investment franchisor. With more than 800 independently owned franchisees in 45 states, we’re also the most successful real estate franchisor in the U.S.
Q. Who typically sells houses to We Buy Ugly Houses®?
A. People all over the United States, from all walks of life have sold their houses to us. People sell their houses for a variety of reasons, including:
- Needing to sell inherited property quickly
- Wanting to unload rental property with problematic renters
- Relocating to another area
- Going through a divorce and needing to liquidate assets
- Behind on mortgage payments or facing foreclosure
- Not wanting to invest time or money into making necessary repairs
- and more
The common thread between all We Buy Ugly Houses® sellers is the need to sell a house quickly to a respected, honest homebuyer that will ensure a fast, hassle-free sale.
Q. What exactly is an “ugly” house?
A. “Ugly” doesn’t just mean houses that are visually unappealing or in poor condition. It also refers to houses in “ugly” situations, such as:
- Houses with serious structural issues like foundation problems
- Houses located in less than desirable neighborhoods or high crime areas
- Houses that are no longer convenient for a homeowner (long commute to work)
- Houses located in flood plains or in areas prone to the effects of the weather
- Houses with high interest rate mortgages or undesirable mortgage financing
- Houses with payments and mortgage balances that are too high for the homeowner to handle
- Houses that hold bad memories for a homeowner, such as divorce, death of a loved one, or tragic experience
- Houses that create any other type of reason for a homeowner to want or need to move, including downsizing or relocating to another city
Q. How does the house buying process work?
A. It’s simple:
- Call us at 1-800-44-BUYER, or fill out our convenient website contact form to give us a little information about your house.
- A local We Buy Ugly Houses® franchisee in your area will contact you quickly to arrange a visit.
- Our franchisee will explain the entire selling process to you and answer all of your We Buy Ugly Houses® questions before evaluating the condition of your house and making a fair cash offer. The evaluation is free, and you are under no obligation to accept the offer.
- If you accept our franchisee’s cash offer, we’ll quickly set up a closing — sometimes in as soon as a week — so you get your cash and out of your ugly house fast.
Q. Will I have to pay a fee for you to visit and make an offer on my house?
A. Absolutely not. You won’t have to pay a dime to have one of our local franchisees answer your We Buy Ugly Houses® questions, visit your house, or make a quote on your house.
Q. Am I obligated to you in any way if I call or submit your website contact form with information about my house?
A.No. You’re never under obligation to We Buy Ugly Houses® or our local franchisees when you contact us via phone or our website contact form. We answer your We Buy Ugly Houses® questions, evaluate your house, and make a no-obligation, cash offer — all free of charge. We’re happy to give you our time and information. It’s all up to you whether you decide to sell to us or not.
Q. How much will you pay for my house?
A. Our local We Buy Ugly Houses® franchisee will base the offer on the expected retail value of the house after a full renovation. Our franchisee will pay cash for your house, take care of normal closing costs and close quickly so you can move on quickly. These are conveniences that all add up to a great deal for just about any homeowner with an ugly house.
Q. How do you determine the exact price you’ll pay for my house?
A. Our franchisees consider a variety of factors when determining a cash price for your house. Our franchisee will evaluate:
- The current condition of your house
- The cost and extent of repairs and renovations required
- The amount of time it will take to complete needed repairs and renovations
- The retail value of your house compared to others in the area after completing repairs and renovations
- The amount of real estate commissions required to sell the house after repairs and renovations
- The cost of maintaining the house during repairs and renovations until it’s ready to put on the market, including insurance, taxes, loan payments and utilities
Q. Do you buy townhouses and condos as well?
A. Yes, we buy townhouses and condos, duplexes, multitenant buildings, and even some commercial properties as well.
Q. Do you buy mobile homes?
A. No, whether tied down or on a fixed foundation, we don’t buy mobile homes of any kind.
Q. Are other companies advertising they buy “ugly houses” associated with you?
A. No. This is perhaps one of the most important We Buy Ugly Houses® questions we answer. We Buy Ugly Houses®, HomeVestors® of America, and our local franchisees are the only real We Buy Ugly Houses® experts. Any other individuals or companies using the “We Buy Ugly Houses®” trademarked slogan is not associated with us in any way. We’ve even filed and won many lawsuits against individuals and companies trying to deceive or defraud consumers by infringing on our trademark.
Q. Can you answer more of my We Buy Ugly Houses® Questions?
A. Sure! We’re happy to answer any other We Buy Ugly Houses® questions you may have. Please contact us through our website or give us a call toll free at 1-800-44-BUYER to speak personally with one of our house buying experts anytime.
We Buy Ugly Houses Phoenix (aka HomeVestors of America ®) is a franchise. Each and every location is independently owned. The information presented herein is not a franchise offering. Only uniformed circulars can make franchise offerings.
Our franchise offerings are always subject to change. This usually depends on the availability of funds and on current market conditions. Our franchise agreements never guarantee any financing programs. We comply with federal law by offering all property for purchase and sale without regards to sex, disability, color, race, national origin, or familial status.
In accordance with the Law, all property
is offered without respect to race, color, creed,
national origin, sex, familial status or disability.